If you find yourself in the San Francisco Bay Area in the near feature, make sure to check out the following attractions:
- Ride the Powell/Hyde Cable Car line to the end, then
- Grab a sundae at the world-famous Ghirardelli Square.
- Take the ferry to Alcatraz Island, where you will see the remains of the infamous former maximum security prison.
- Walk across the magnificent Golden Gate Bride, where you can see birds, ships, and boats.
- Catch a game at AT&T Park, home of the 2012 World Champion San Francisco Giants.
- Ponder scientific questions at the Exploratorium, where you’ll find 100’s of interactive, hands on exhibits, shows and more.
- Stroll down Lombard Street, the official crookedest road in America.
- Take an adventure through Chinatown, where you will find restaurants, street fairs, fortune cookie factories, and much, MUCH more.
- Finally, venture across the bay to explore the Marin Headlands, where you can see real life army bunkers and missile sites, frozen in time, lighthouses, beaches, and walking/hiking trails.